The one-stop shop for tea in North America
Your direct contact in the US:
Haelssen & Lyon North America Corp.
111 Main Street
Westport CT 06880
In 2005, Hälssen & Lyon opened a branch office in the US to provide customers with a specialised tea supplier and tea manufacturer in the North American market. A team of experts provides local access to the company's tea expertise gained over more than 140 years in the global tea business, combined with specialist knowledge of the US market.
The team develops everything from individual tea recipes, loose tea in bulk to packed tea bags, including expert advice on packaging and design for tea brands as well as for private label customers.
Haelssen & Lyon North America Corp. offers the complete product portfolio of the traditional tea company, from premium teas and tea specialties to herbs, fruits and tea extracts, instant powder blends, RTD and much more.
Services at a glance:
- Specialized team members for the various divisions, from wholesale tea, specialty teas and private labels to tea extracts and much more
- Product development and production in accordance with the Food and Drug Administration, FDA, FMSA / FSVP regulations of 2017
- Handling of all import formalities and logistical tasks for the customers
- Fast and effective availability of goods through on-site warehousing in the US, perfectly combined with ingredients stored at the central warehouse in Hamburg
- "Blended and packed in the USA" – High-quality tea products are blended and packed right in the United States
- Comprehensive quality management, among other things in cooperation with other specialist departments at the German headquarters. Certifications include IFS (International Featured Standard Foods, Higher Level), HACCP, NOP, ECC Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher and UTZ
- Consulting services ranging from tea workshops and seminars through to market research and consulting in the development of design and packaging
- Special expertise in the North American market. Hälssen & Lyon has been an active member of the US Tea Association since 1978 and co-founded the Specialty Tea Institute in 1996.