From North America for North America
In 2005, Hälssen & Lyon opened a branch office in New York to provide customers with a specialised point of contact in the North American market. A team of experts provides local access to the company's expertise gained over more than 135 years in the global tea business, combined with specialist knowledge of the US market. This, in conjunction with a love of innovation, allows the team to develop customised projects of all scopes and sizes. From individual tea recipes to packed tea bags, including expert advice on packaging and design. For tea brands as well as for private label customers. All from a single source.
Haelssen & Lyon North America Corp. offers the complete product portfolio of the traditional tea company, from premium teas and tea specialties to herbs, fruits and tea extracts, instant powder blends, RTD and much more.
The team doesn’t just source ingredients and packed teas from the main warehouse in Hamburg, but also has its own warehouse and a production facility for packing teas right in the US. All products are designed and manufactured in accordance with US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations. Hälssen & Lyon NA Corp. also handles all import formalities and logistics for its customers.
Services at a glance:
- Specialised team members for the various divisions, from speciality teas and private label to tea extracts and much more
- Product development and production in accordance with the Food and Drug Administration, FDA, FMSA / FSVP regulations of 2017
- Handling of all import formalities and logistical tasks for the customers
- Fast and effective availability of goods through on-site warehousing in the US, perfectly combined with raw materials stored at the central warehouse in Hamburg
- "Blended and packed in the USA" – High-quality tea products are blended and packed right in the United States
- Comprehensive quality management, among other things in cooperation with other specialist departments at the German headquarters. Certifications include IFS (International Featured Standard Foods, Higher Level), HACCP, NOP, ECC Organic, Fairtrade, UTZ and Kosher. Hälssen & Lyon is also a member of Rainforest Alliance.
- Consulting services ranging from tea workshops and seminars through to market research and consulting in the development of design and packaging
- Special expertise in the North American market. Hälssen & Lyon has been an active member of the US Tea Association since 1978 and co-founded the Specialty Tea Institute in 1996.
Your contact in the USA:
Hälssen & Lyon North America Corp.
39 W 38th Street, Suite 11 E
New York, NY 10018